- An industry event is planned for the afternoon of the 11th September 2017 in JHB and the 21st September in Cape Town. The aim of the events will be to share data and information of the solar PV sector as well as having a general discussion and information session on the growth of the sector from a standards, regulation and industry support point of view.
PQRS owns the most extensive database for PV installations in South Africa and Africa, exceeding 138 000 installations. Carel will be sharing data gathered since 2014 on the growth of the PV sector. See the sector like you have never seen it before!!
- – 13:00 – 13:30 Registration
- – 13:30 – 14:00 Introductions
- – The presenter
- – PQRS
- – 14:00 – 15:00 Solar PV stats for South Africa
- – Solar PV stats will look at the historic growth of PV in SA, the various sizes of PV systems are broken down into ranges and sectors.
- – Different applications for PV is explored across different sized PV systems.
- – We look at the historic growth of PV in SA and consider what the possible growth would look like by applying specific logic. Economic factors are also considered during the presentation.
- – 15:00 – 15:20 Tea break
- – Tea and coffee will be served, please have lunch on the way to the event.
- – 15:20 – 16:15 Challenges in regulating the PV sector
- – The section covering “challenges in regulating the PV sector” will look at the roles of industry associations, the Dept of Labour, AIA’s, the D.o.E and Nersa. Navigating your organisation through legislation, regulation and end-user expectations. We also ask the question “Is there room for another industry body?”
- – 16:00 – 16:30 Discussion
- – 16:30 Program ends
Booking processUpon receiving the registration of the person/s attending the event, a pro-forma invoice will be forwarded to the e-mail address provided in the registration form. The details and physical addresses of the venue will be circulated approximately one week prior to the event. We foresee the event in JHB to be in the Germiston region and the Cape Town event to take place in Cape Town central, depending on the number of bookings.
Sounds good to me, let me register for the event
**Refund can only be claimed if you have attended the event. There will be no refund for people who have booked and did not sign the attendance register. No refund on cancellations. The term “100% refund” only applies to the direct cost of R250 for the event and no additional claims for expenses will be entertained.
The Dept of Labour shows 5GW of available capacity for small scale solar PV systems in South Africa. Although this seems fair, the question is really about how this value is derived and exactly where these installations would be. To some, It is obvious that these installations would be split across three main sectors being C&I (commercial and industrial), Agricultural and Residential. If there had to be an investment into PV, where would the fastest ROI be? The only way to realistically determine projections, would be to understand where the installations have been taking place from a historic point of view. Not only according to the sector but also according to the application. Why not join us for the presentations in JHB and Cape Town where we will also explore how industry should be regulating standards and where the best place would be to start securing projects. If you have an interest in the sector, you dont want to miss this event. https://lnkd.in/gNdPTj4
IPP Bid Window 5 now available.
Testing and Commissioning of Battery Energy Storage Systems.
Replace 450kVA and 630 kVA Indoor Type Emergency Power Generators.
Quality Sound, Stage, Lighting And Generator.
Solar Water Heaters and Heat Pumps.
Supply and install 500 kVa generator.
SUPPLY OF THIRTY-SIX (36) Batteries.
MOBILE GENERATING PLANT.
Tenders available to Gold Members....