The Indaba Energy Leaders’ Dialogue will bring together global and regional energy leaders to exchange views on critical issues facing the energy industry, in informal, off the record discussions. These high-level invitation-only events provide an intimate forum in which participants can discuss topics such as how to best address the “energy trilemma” (trade-offs between energy security, social equity and environmental impact mitigation), during sessions on shale gas development in South Africa and the Global Electricity Initiative
These high-level events will be co-hosted by some energy luminaries from Africa and the world and include:
- Dr. Christoph Frei, Secretary-General, World Energy Council
- Brian Dames, Chief Executive Officer, Eskom
- Jim Rogers, Retired Chairman and CEO, Duke Energy Corp
- Philippe Joubert, Executive Chairman, Global Electricity Initiative
The Indaba 2014 will host two IELD sessions and they are:
• World Energy Council (WEC)
• World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and
• Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP)
The objective of GEI is to identify record and showcase voluntary action that utilities are undertaking to mitigate and adapt to climate change, increase energy access and reduce their global environmental footprint.
Both sessions will be further highlighted and key outcomes delivered to audience attending the main Indaba conference on the afternoon of the 19th February, with plenary addresses by the luminaries who led the discussions.
For further information about the exclusive Indaba Energy Leaders’ Dialogues, please contact Event Managing Director, Liz Hart on firstname.lastname@example.org