to support the Project team to develop and implement a project aiming at reducing the carbon footprint of the South African Clay Brick industry by improving the Energy Efficiency of the sector.
The PRC Practitioner should have a love for Environmental Marketing and Communication, ease of writing report and documents, event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, be able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
The Project PRC Practitioner should have the following qualifications and skills;
• At least 3 years’ experience in the private sector.
• Appropriate higher education certificate with emphasis on public relation and journalism.
• Excellent writing skills and able to report complex processes in a quick and easy way
• Outstanding English communication skills and public speaking.
• Passion for Energy efficiency and Sustainable Development combined with a flair for engineering (construction).
• Experience of working with corporate strategy and values and developing messages to be used in a communications context.
• Experience in coordinating special events.
• Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision and within tight time lines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
• Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office tools especially word, mail merges; email and web searches.
• Open minded and innovative, demonstrating curiosity for new developments in communications and the industry.
Main tasks will include but not exclusively:
• Document workshop proceedings and write minutes of meetings.
• Report writing, review and editing of reports and assist with summaries.
• Writing of articles, newsletter and other news related information.
• Support the design and implementation of marketing and communications strategy.
• Liaison with a wide range of stakeholders and media.
• Support project team in maintaining a complete content management approach.
Total remuneration for this position will depend on qualification and experience.
The person responsibility will be mainly for the Swisscontact’s implemented Energy Efficient Clay Brick Project (EECB) but also general services to Swisscontact regional office.
Please e-mail your CV (max 3 pages) and motivational letter (max 1 page) latest by
the 17th May 2015 to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Download the Job Specifications here...
We are committed to equity in our employment.