Based upon this cooling Cycle, a radical new Heat Mass Exchanger (HMX) technology has been developed. It has been patented and commercialised into a range of super efficient air conditioners manufactured by the Coolerado Corporation in partnership with Prof Maisotsenko. In honour of the Professor, the HMX cycle is known as the Maisotsenko Cycle.
They had, in effect, re-invented the process of creating cool air via water evaporation and had done it so well that they were able to create sufficient cool air to do away with having to recycle air, a Coolerado© simply keeps pumping cool fresh, filtered air into the "target area" whilst blowing away the stale air. There are only two moving parts in a Coolerado air conditioner, a fan and a solenoid. Not much power is required for that!
This did not happen overnight, the Gillan Family were amongst the owners of an engineering company in Denver, Colorado, USA. They decided to assist Valeriy in the quest for his "Holy Grail". When they changed from metal to polypropylene as the main component of the HMX they made rapid progress.
The first Coolerados were tested and re-tested and finally the patents were applied for. The Patent officer patiently told them, "You can lodge the patent, but it won't work!". The Dept of Energy felt the same way. Today they are both great believers in and supporters of the Coolerado Corporation. When the Gillans were convinced that the Coolerado concept was a winner, they sold the engineering business and concentrated on air conditioners.
That all sounds so glib and so simple, the "Secret" of the process,is now referred to as the HMX, it is constructed of two adjacent series of polypropylene channels. (More later.)
• The Coolerado has no compressor, no condenser, no chemical refrigerants and does not recycle air.
• Instead a fan draws air into the HMX and separates the air equally into a WET AIR channel and a DRY AIR channel.
• The WET AIR polypropylene channel has a rough texture and the evaporating water cools the air quickly as a result of the airflow (it never mixes with air in the DRY AIR channel,) the WET air-flow is finally exhausted into the atmosphere.
• The DRY AIR channel is made from smooth polypropylene and is indirectly cooled by the adjacent WET AIR channel, the dry air-flow is the "working air" which is pumped into the premises, it is filtered, clean and healthy.
• In simple terms the indirect cooling process has the WET AIR travelling in a channel, North to South to North etc, like a continuous paper fold. The DRY AIR travels East to West to East etc in a separate interspersed paper-fold type channel, the air streams are separated in Kipling style, " Where never the twain shall meet"!
• Sceptics have suggested that the HMX "defies the laws of Thermodynamics". That is fine, as long as it does so inexpensively, effectively and to the user's benefit.
• The energy savings are as high as 90% which is probably the biggest selling point, many others believe that the "clean air supply" is equally important.
Progress was slow, in 2008 they were producing 800 units a year in 2013 the number has reached 250 units per week and is growing as more and more people understand the simplicity and effectiveness of the process!
There is so much worth knowing about Coolerado, please visit our web-site.
From our web-site it is possible to Navigate to the Coolerdo web-site by clicking on any Coolerado icon.
We will be in Johannesburg as designated hereunder, please give us a ring and pay us a visit.
It would help if you contacted us in advance, to advise us if and when you (and colleagues) will be able to visit us at Acacia House, 10 Craigton Place Rivonia.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 8th, 12-30 to 17-30hrs at Acacia House.
THURSDAY, MAY 9th, Will be attending a Conference at Wanderers Club all day.
FRIDAY, MAY 10th, 08-30 to 12-30 hrs at Acacia House.
Directions to ACACIA HOUSE , 10, Craigton Place, Rivonia, Johannesburg.
Turn East off Rivonia Rd into 10th Avenue.
Travel across Rivonia Blvd, Wessel Rd and Stiglingh Rd - sign in at Rivonia Valley Security.
Proceed, turn right into Bevan Rd, pass Trybham Ave, turn next left into Craigton Place.
The first premises on the right is 10, Craigton Place, ACACIA HOUSE.
We look forward to hearing from potential visitors, please call Klippie Melck, contact details hereunder in connection with any queries and to make an appointment to see us at ACACIA HOUSE.
With kind regards
Smart Energy Solutions cc
051 435 6518 - 083 703 7283