Energy security is paramount in South Africa in order to accommodate a growing economy and sustainable future. Due to the finite nature of fossil fuel reserves and excellent renewable energy resources, South Africa has forged ahead with tapping into this environmentally friendly energy source of the future. The South African government launched the highly acclaimed REIPPPP programme in 2011, which was hailed as global success story. To celebrate the great achievements towards an environmentally friendly future, RECORD/SANEDI and GIZ is launching a photography competition. The competition calls on amateur and professional photographers to submit works interpreting the theme:
"REnergy for a green future".
Send us your pictures/photographs with a short paragraph (250 words) describing your interpretation of the theme and how your picture relates to this. A panel will judge the pictures that we receive and 12 winners will be selected. These winning pictures will then be used in a calendar for 2015. Winners will be notified by email within six weeks of the closing date of the competition.
Terms of entry:
- By submitting a picture you agree that it can be used in the calendar or any other source produced by RECORD/SANEDI or GIZ.
- There will be 12 winners, one for each month of the year. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to in this regard.
- The pictures need to be of a good resolution/printable quality (dpi >600)
- Prizes to be won are R1000 for each winning picture (to be paid electronically into your bank account).
- All pictures used will be fully acknowledged an include the accompanying description
- Limited to 3 picture entries per person
- Closing date 12 September 2014