In support of the project, USAID has identified a number of interventions designed to:
- facilitate the development and financial close of power generation and renewables, transmission and distribution transactions,
- and (ii) support the adoption and implementation of policy, regulatory, and enabling environment reforms in support of greater private sector engagement and investment in the energy and power sector in Southern Africa.
- Identify development opportunities for small-scale renewable energy projects;
- Prepare feasibility reports with specific focus on resource assessments, land issues, grid availability, tax regime, and financial incentives
- Conduct due diligence and environmental assessments;
- Support preparation of tender documents, negotiations and successful closure of projects;
- Conduct training of local stakeholders on different topics and areas related to renewable energy projects
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree in an energy related field such as engineering, policy, business, finance, economics or a similar field.
- At least 7 years of experience in developing and bringing to financial close small scale-renewable energy projects (<10 MW in developing countries).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Sound project management skills.
- Experience working with the private sector and government institutions, businesses, and regulatory agencies on development of renewable energy projects.
- 10 years of experience working in the Southern Africa Region energy sector with understanding of key issues and stakeholders involved in small-scale renewable project development, appropriate policy and regulatory framework development and rural electrification will be an added value.
- Proven track record of successful small-scale renewable energy projects.
- Experience working with international projects and development agencies.