This is the first module in a series of modules to follow and is presented, in conjunction with SUNCybernetics, at a reduced rate on 13 September 2013 in Potchefstroom from 10h00 to 16h00.
An introduction to the world of PV technology and its markets, different PV-systems available using examples with the main topics being presented:
· Radiation, modules, inverters, under-construction, accumulator and stand-alone PV-plants,
· Electric circuits: small and large scale plants
· Protection of electric circuits and calculation of wiring profiles,
· Design and control of fuses,
· Design of overvoltage, lightning and EMF-protection,
· Basics of monitoring and bus-systems,
· Metering and control of modules and strings, including insulation metering,
· Debugging and troubleshooting in PV-plants,
· Preparation, planning, project execution and commissioning of PV-plant installations.
· No pre-qualification or experience required,
· Those interested in studying the potential of PV in South Africa,
· Engineers and architects,
· Technicians, installers, and electricians.
The cost of this one-day course is R 1,250.00* (excl) per person
*Fee includes: course, textbooks, coffee, tea and biscuits, as well as lunch. Limited seats available.
Bookings online at http://www.suncy.com/OurServices/PVSolarTraining/CourseRegistration.aspx