A client who specialises in Turnkey renewable energy solutions across Africa requires the skills and expertise of a Financial Controller.
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
Research Group Leader: Energy Supply
Closing date: 30-Sep-2017
About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Research Group Leader: Energy Supply within the Energy Centre. The incumbent will establish, lead, maintain and grow CSIR’s Energy Centre’s knowledge base with respect to renewable energy resource assessment and forecasting, current and emerging technology performance, testing and verification, and system integration to provide support for the South African energy sector. This position is based in Pretoria.
About the Centre:
The Energy Centre at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), although still in the ramp-up phase, is the thought leader in South Africa with regard to solutions for the "South African Energy Transition" towards a cleaner and more sustainable energy sector. The Energy Centre currently hosts almost 40 highly experienced engineers and researchers. The vision is to become the first port of call for decision makers in policymaking, industry and science when it comes to the South African energy transition. Current research activities across the Energy Centre are resource and technology-specific research topics in solar and wind power-generation technologies, battery and hydrogen research, energy efficiency and demand response, energy-system planning and operation, as well as energy market design.
Provide leadership in projects, research and investigations on renewable energy technologies;
Take the lead in formulating Research, Development and Innovation strategies and road maps;
Provide strategic direction to the team on regulatory, technical, and market issues relevant to individual renewable energy technologies;
Drive the strategic vision of the renewable energy research technologies’;
Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of strategies to grow the Energy Supply research group;
Assist the centre manager to construct and implement a business plan for the Energy center (including strategy, goals, mission, HR, finances);
Identify and manage research opportunities in order to secure external contracts;
Establish, build, manage and maintain mutually beneficial and credible stakeholder relationships;
Ensure financial sustainability of the Energy Supply research group, through active networking, developing and managing client relationships, understanding the client needs and aligning them with internal needs and capability;
Lead the development of project proposals, identify tasks and activities to facilitate execution, and allocate appropriate resources;
Prepare reports, guidelines and/or other documents aimed at disseminating the results and outcomes of projects;
Manage, motivate and develop the people in the Energy Supply research group and enable their career growth through creation of opportunities;
Provide guidance and mentorship to researchers, interns, as well as learners;
Direct, drive and measure the performance of the people in the Energy Supply research group;
Ensure that the Energy Supply research group is dynamic, and remains innovative, competitive and abreast of trends;
Raise personal, team and institutional profiles through publishing original research and presenting at national and international conferences and workshops.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
A Master’s degree in scientific/engineering field or equivalent with eight years’ experience in renewable energy technologies research, project development and/or manufacturing environment at management level;
Experience in renewable energy plant modelling and development;
Experience in conducting, and supervising studies related to grid integration of renewable energy;
Experience in managing, analyzing, and developing models using large data sets;
Extensive knowledge and understanding of renewable energy technologies and all system components;
A good understanding of impact of introduction of renewable energy into the energy system;
An understanding of the cost structure of renewable energy from a system perspective;
In-depth understanding of cost structure of renewable energy technologies and possible areas for improvement, i.e. increased efficiency and reduced cost;
An understanding of energy storage and its relationship with renewable energy, and the broader energy system;
An understanding of technical and economic due diligence of renewable energy and/or distributed generation projects ;
Familiarity with different economic modelling approaches and tools, specific to renewable energy and/or distributed generation;
Ability to lead a technical team;
Knowledge of associated testing protocols and methodologies for all renewable energy technologies, with specific reference to Solar PV and CSP, Wind and Biomass/-gas;
In-depth knowledge of renewable energy system operation and maintenance practices
Demonstrated strong written communication skills through report origination, draft/final revisions, ability to review and comment on work of peers, and complete high quality report deliverables.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
Senior Electrical Engineer – Renewable Energy
An Independent Power Producer in Johannesburg is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with solid technical experience within the renewable energy sector.
In this varied role you will utilize your technical expertise in the PV solar energy sector to take responsibility for project management, managing subcontractors, implementation of design, setting of quality expectations, supporting in project close and reviewing and evaluating technical documentation and contracts.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
5- 10 years’ experience in a senior role
3 – 5 years’ experience in Utility Scale PV Project design and execution
Degree in Electrical / Electronical Engineering
Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects
List Key Skills / Key Words
BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering
For a confidential discussion contact
Electrical Design Engineer
Project Management & Surveying
Apply before Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 49 Days left Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
As a Service Sales Specialist, you will be part of ABB Discrete Automation and Motion (DM) Division based in Modderfontein. Discrete Automation and Motion (DM) division offers a wide range of products and services including drives, motors, generators, power electronics systems, rectifiers, power quality products, photovoltaic inverters, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and robots. Key applications include energy conversion, data processing, actuation, automation, standardized manufacturing cells for applications such as machine tending, welding, cutting, painting, finishing, palletizing and packing, and engineered systems for the automotive industry.
As a Service Sales Specialist you will be responsible for developing and managing the Energy Efficiency business initiative in the Southern African Region.
Your tasks as a Service Sales Specialist will include the following:
• Your main responsibility in this position will be to develop the Energy Efficiency initiative within the Drives Business Unit, creating sales opportunities in the Southern African Region.
• You must be able to discuss solutions on all levels, from individual products to complex solutions, including engineered solutions.
• You also need to be able to conceptualize and visualize proposed solutions.
• You must ensure that internal processes, product marketing and logistics information are set up as required by the business in order to promote, sell, support and grow the Energy Efficiency market.
• The person must have in depth technical knowledge of Variable Speed Drives and energy efficiency applications.
• Adopting hands on approach towards establishing and developing excellent relationships with existing and new customers.
• Understand the clients thinking and requirements to be able to translate their needs into working solutions.
• Manage individuals to generating a high level of customer satisfaction in all activities such as promotions, demonstrations, customer events, product availability, technical support and training.
• Manage sales and support team to provide technical and sales support to Internal Business Units, Channel Partners and End Users.
• Ensure profitable business, meet departmental targets and manage costs (Profit & Loss)
• Advise and evaluate the correct technical solutions, pricing levels and competitor intelligence.
• Keep up to date on the latest technological trends within ABB and the industry.
• Presentations, demonstrations and seminars of Variable Speed Drives.
Talent Brand (Pty) Ltd Company LocationJohannesburg Area, South Africa
Job descriptionPlease note: Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all applications are considered within their Employment Equity policy
Applications close: 15 September 2017
Please note that Talent Brand is exclusively retained to manage this campaign. All applications and enquiries can be made to Talent Brand directly. We look forward to engaging with you!
SUSTAINABILITY AND EXTERNAL REPORTING MANAGER
Our clients is one of the most admired branded consumer packaged goods company in emerging markets and is the largest FMCG group in Africa.
The role of Sustainability and External Reporting Manager sits within the Group Corporate Affairs funtion and reports to the Group Corporate Affairs Director. The Corporate Affairs vision is to “Ignite, inspire and influence the experience of our client as an admired corporate citizen with a strong legal and social licence to operate. Making our client ‘a force for good’ by contributing positively to the economy and society”
We are looking for an individual with exceptional foresight, who can identify ahead of time the social and environmental risks or opportunities that may be relevant in the near, medium and long term. You are a subject matter expert on relevant policy, environmental, economic development, innovation principles or other factors impacting on an organisations ability to pursue sustainable business practices.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
You will drive and coordinate corporate sustainability (environmental, social and governance issues) with measurable outcomes in all areas of corporate sustainability reporting to contribute to the organisation’s objective of making the group a “force for good” and establishing the group as a leader in sustainability in South Africa.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Develop, implement and manage an integrated, cross-divisional, multi-site group sustainability strategy that focuses on people, planet, products and society
• Support the organization in driving initiatives that reduce the impact of our business on the planet; this to include multiple environmental metrics such as energy, carbon emissions, water, product stewardship, waste and social impact
• Enable sustainability into processes and functional departments across the organization
• Build awareness and understanding of the Group’s sustainability strategy among employees and key external audiences, including but not limited to the development of materials for employee education and engagement
• Drive the undertaking of initial baseline studies and ongoing tracking and improvement of a comprehensive set of environmental performance metrics for all the Group’s operations. This also includes conducting socio-economic and environmental evaluations of potential investments
• Aggregate all environmental performance data from all the Groups operations, systems and sources into a master scorecard of environmental metrics
• Convert aggregated metrics as necessary to align with the exact metrics required by various external reporting surveys including but not limited to: Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Dow Jones Sustainability Index, FTSE4Good, and GRI
• Lead the planning, development and delivery of the sustainability annual report and sustainability reporting in different reporting mediums, including company intranet, corporate website and digital channels- internally and externally- in collaboration with the group’s communications and stakeholder relations teams
• Manage the Group’s submissions to sustainability survey requests from investors, customers, regulators and NGOs
• Identify environmental hotspots where focus on environmental improvement will accelerate achievement of the Group’s environmental goals
• Continuously evaluate new products, services, technologies and processes to ensure maximum improvement in environmental performance with minimal incremental investment
• Develop, nurture and coordinate a cohesive, effective cross-functional sustainability team
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES
Please note: Only candidates who meet the criteria below will be considered
• A business relevant degree
• A minimum of 8-10 years prior experience in Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) aspects of sustainability
• Prior experience in sustainability data management
• Prior experience with sustainability reporting standards such as CDP, GRI, etc.
• Foresight: identify ahead of time the social and environmental risks or opportunities that may be relevant in the near, medium and long term
• Leadership: demonstrated people management, excellent communication skills, and prior success in building and fostering stakeholder relationships at all levels
• Proven project management capabilities
• Self-starter who stays current on sustainability trends and applies knowledge to improve the business
• Subject matter expertise of relevant policy, environmental, economic development, innovation principles or other factors impacting an organization's ability to pursue sustainable business practices
RenEnergy Africa is hiring...
Electrician required for renewable energy business in Stellenbosch.
Must have red seal and at least working towards wiremans.
Wiremans and CoC compliance would be advantageous.
3 phase experience a must.
Total cost to company R15,000.00 per month.
Employment Equity: Non EE/AA
Please forward CV's to Jean-Roux Heyns - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location:SA Posted Date:September 5, 2017
Employer:To view company name. See instructions below
Employer Job Id:CareerMine Job Id:1377340Introduction:
Our client, a lead renewable energy developer with a project base in Southern Africa, is looking for an Environmental Project Manager to take ownership of all their environmental project development needs.
B.Sc. / B.Eng. / B.Tech Mechanical
Professional registration with ECSA essential
Post graduate qualifications in renewable energy desirable
Package Detail: Highly negotiable
Our client is a dynamic engineering concern focussing on the energy sector.
They wish to appoint a Mechanical Engineer to be responsible for project management and business development in renewable energy.
This opportunity will be of interest to a Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Technician who has at least 6 years work experience in the energy sector with good exposure to EPC contracts in renewable energy (pv, wind, biomass or hydro).
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity, contact EDM by phone on Johannesburg 011 462 2525 or by e-mail using email@example.com quoting the EDM Reference Number 40622 and your home contact telephone number.
Tender - Lithium Iron battery back-up system - 7Dec2018
Tender - Alkaline Battery Packs - 2Nov2018
Tender - Feasability Study for Flywheel based kinetic energy recovery system - 4Dec2018
Tender - Feasability Study for Hydropower Plant - Mozambique - 7Jan2018
Tender - Service Maintenance, standby and load base generators - 7Dec2018
Tender - Grid tied PV system - 10Dec2018
Tender - Backup Generator - 14Dec2018
Tenders available to Gold Members....