Application Letters and CVs should be submitted in word.doc format to:
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Working Location: Johannesburg office with site meetings (near Molteno, Eastern Cape)
Dorper Wind Farm (RF) Pty Ltd: General Manager
• The Wind Farm General Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of operations for the entire Wind Farm including compliance with all contracts, management, training, human resources, finance, customer service.
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration, preferably Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field, or an Associates Degree in a Technical or Business related field with a minimum of 5 years of field leadership experience.
• Minimum 3 additional years of professional field experience in leadership role
• Reporting to the board and the shareholders.
• Assist in producing Monthly Reports, cash flows, financial statements and budget to be reported to the shareholders and the board.
• Management and enforcement of Operating and Maintenance contract with the O&M supplier.
• Management and enforcement of other contracts that the company has with third parties, specifically with the lenders under the Finance Documents and with Eskom Holdings SOC limited who is the off-taker under the Power Purchase Agreement.
• Recruit, develop, retain and manage personnel resources for operations of the wind farm driving professional standards and matrix development of personnel.
• Management of ED scoring, liaising with advisor / consultants; and reporting to the DoE.
• Responsible for all phases of timely financial reporting, elimination of contractual liquid damages.
• Integrate the operations perspective into all job proposal initiatives cost effectively.
• Health & Safety - manages and reviews H&S plans, methods statements and procedures, risk assessments and identification of hazards in the work environment.
• Health & Safety - manages emergency response in systems and plans.
• Present a positive professional face of the SPV in community
• Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
• Communication with Lenders, DoE, Eskom and Shareholders
• The role will be based in Johannesburg, but will require the candidate to travel to site-based employees reporting directly to him/her.
• The General Manager will report to the board and the shareholder
• The ideal candidate is an experienced South African with a strong background in management, preferably in engineering.
• Advanced degree or MBA from an accredited institution in management
• Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills to work in team
• Strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross-functional and team environments
• Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization
• Executive presentation skills
• Government Ticket a bonus
• Preferably knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols & wind energy
• Preferably wind turbine, production or rotating equipment experience
• Proven record of P&L responsibilities and direct report experience of 5 employees