The Energy Training Foundation (EnTF), the approved training partner of the AEE for the Southern African region and training provider for the Southern African Association of Energy Efficiency (SAEE), will be presenting the first Certification programme in South Africa designed to recognise the expertise and experience of professionals involved in the specification and application of renewable and alternative energy technologies, assessment of renewable energy projects, and development of achievable low-carbon and sustainability goals for organisations. The course covers:
• Renewable energy basics
• The latest developments in wind power systems, solar thermal heating, photovoltaic generation, geothermal heating, electrical production, biofuels, waste-to-energy systems, energy storage, fuel cells, hydroelectric power, ocean thermal energy
• Assessments of the various forms of renewable energy
• Case examples of renewable energy projects
• Strengths and weaknesses of renewable energy applications
• Using renewable energy solutions in building applications
• Opportunities for using renewable energy
• Strategies for making a business case for using renewables
• Economic issues, financial methodologies and incentives
• Approval processes
• Lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid
Dr Roosa holds a Ph.D. from the University of Louisville in Planning and Urban Development, and his dissertation concerned sustainable development policies for urban environments. He currently holds the position of account executive with a leading energy services company in Louisville, KY. He has over 25 years’ experience in commercial energy management and performance contracting. Past experience includes energy studies for over 3,500 buildings with over $50 million in energy conservation and management projects developed for various customers.
Dr. Roosa is a Certified Sustainable Development Professional, Certified Energy Manager, a Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional, a Certified Measurement & Verification Professional, a Certified Energy Monitoring and Control System Designer, a Certified Demand Side Management Specialist, a Certified Building Energy Management Professional, and a LEED Accredited Professional.
The REP course will be held from 18-21 November 2013 at Emperors Palace, Gauteng. After writing the prescribed REP examination, and receiving a 70% pass-mark, a candidate may apply for international recognition through certification, in accordance with the requirements of the AEE.
Book online at www.energytrainingfoundation.co.za. For enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.